1 small onion, chopped
1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
1 block Oryana tofu, about 1 pound
1 tablespoon butter or vegetable oil
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon dried herbs or 2 teaspoons chopped fresh herbs such as chives, dill, parsley, etc.
1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
3 tablespoons Braggs Liquid Aminos, or more to taste
Mash the tofu in a bowl until crumbly. Sauté the onion and pepper in oil in a skillet over medium-high
heat about 5 minutes. Stir in tofu, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, yeast, and herbs, and cook a
few more minutes. Stir in water and Braggs and cook 1 or 2 minutes. Add more Braggs if necessary.
Be sure to store your tofu completely submerged in water or it will become slimy. Change the water daily and use fresh tofu within a week.
You can experiment wildly with this recipe. Try one of the following variations.
1. Half a bunch of asparagus, cut into 1⁄2 inch pieces and a handful of chopped mushrooms
2. 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped, 1 small zucchini, diced, 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
3. 4 green onions, chopped, 1⁄2 cup corn, 1/2 cup black or red beans
4. 1 small onion, chopped, leftover cooked potatoes, diced
1. 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon, cumin, 1 teaspoon thyme, 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika, salt
2. 1 teaspoon curry powder, 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, salt
3. 2 teaspoons dried soup seasoning, 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast, 1 teaspoon paprika, black pepper
4. 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast