1 cup water
1 cup oats
1 cup almond milk (or any milk)
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon monkfruit (or sweetener of choice)
optional: 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
optional: berries (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, etc), seeds (pepitas, sunflower, hemp, flax, etc), nuts ( walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, almonds, etc.)
optional: chopped dates
optional: scoop of nut butter
- Heat oats and water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Slice a banana and add half to the oats.
- Add milk of choice, spices, and protein powder if using.
- Stir in sweetener of choice, and half of the shredded coconut.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes. The liquid should be absorbed and the oats creamy.
- Scoop into one or two bowls and top with remaining banana slices, remaining coconut, and berries and/or nuts and seeds of your choice. Makes enough for 2 people.
- Play around with your spice ratios; everyone has a different preference, so taste as you go!
- If you prefer to bake in a pie dish… use 2 cups of oats, 1 1/4 cups of milk, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, and add your nut butter before baking rather than topping. Throw that goodness in a 350°F oven for about 40 minutes until it’s nice and crispy on the edges.
- The turmeric can stain your utensil: we recommend using a silicon spatula, NOT a wooden spoon.