Liquid from 1 15-oz can of chickpeas, aka aquafaba (reserve chickpeas for another use)
5-oz Enjoy Life chocolate chips/chunks
1-2 tablespoons almond milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
Optional: chopped pistachios, raspberries
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate with the almond milk. *Important* do not stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Mix the chocolate and almond milk together until smooth and transfer to a different bowl to cool; let sit until it’s not warm to the touch.
- Combine aquafaba, lemon juice, cinnamon, (and maple syrup if using) in a large bowl and whip with an electric mixer for 8 – 10 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Transfer about 1/3 of the whip into the chocolate bowl and SLOWLY fold in with a silicon or rubber spatula. Then fold remaining chocolate whip into the rest of the whip.
- Spoon into 4 – 5 small cups or bowls and chill at least 1 hour. Top with chopped pistachios and berries.
- If the chocolate is semi-sweet, you probably won’t need the maple syrup. If you’re using dark chocolate, add the extra sweetness.
- The electric mixer should be on highest setting, or else it will take forever; you’ll know it’s ready when you tilt the bowl and the whip doesn’t slide.
- Our favorite toppings are pistachios and raspberries but be creative! Toasted coconut would be delish too.