Adapted from Rawtarian
1 cup pecans (you can use walnuts in a pinch, but pecans are much better!)
1 cup dates
5 tablespoons raw cacao (cocoa) powder
4 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Place pecans in food processor and process until small and crumbly.
- Add dates and process again until the mixture sticks together and the dates are well processed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process again until the mixture turns a lovely dark chocolatey brown. Stop processing before it gets too buttery. (There should still be air between the small bits so that you will be able to press them down into your brownie pan.)
- Dump the mixture into a brownie dish or small cake pan and press down firmly using your clean hands. Refrigerate to chill an hour or so to firm up. Frost with raw chocolate icing if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator.