2 cups lentils
4 cups water
2 large onions, diced small
2 cups mushrooms, chopped fine
4 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups nuts, your choice, ground (walnuts, pecans, almonds, hazelnuts}
2 cups cooked bulgur*
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoons dried mixed herbs such as thyme, rosemary, marjoram, savory, parsley
- Grease 2 loaf pans and set aside.
- Bring water and lentils to a boil in a saucepan, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until soft, about 35 minutes. Allow to cool.
- While lentils are cooking, saute the onions, garlic and mushrooms in oil over medium heat until soft, about 10 minutes. In a large bowl, mix vegetables and herbs with bulgur and lentils until well combined.
- Press evenly into into prepared loaf pans and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before slicing.
* To cook bulgur: Bring 2 cups water and pinch salt to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in bulgur, cover, turn heat off, and let sit for 10 minutes or until water is absorbed.