Recipe by Misaeng Suh-Liggett
1/2 pound green beans
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon sugar
Dashi stock or water
- Heat a small skillet over low heat and add the sesame seeds. Shake often. Cook until fragrant, just a few minutes. Be careful not to burn.
- Place the toasted sesame seeds in a suribachi bowl and grind. (A coffee grinder would also work.)
- Combine sesame seeds, soy sauce and sugar in a large bowl. If it is too thick, add a little water to loosen it up.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add green beans. Cook about five minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Add the cooked green beans to the prepared sauce. Toss well. Serve immediately.