3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 tablespoons cane sugar
4 tablespoons butter
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 15-oz. can pumpkin puree
1/4 cup cane sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 12-oz. can evaporated milk or 12 oz. half & half
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- To a large bowl or a food processor, add the flour, sugar, & butter. Cut butter into the dough with a pastry cutter or pulse in a food processor until crumbled. Add 2 tablespoons cold water and pulse until dough comes together.
- Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish lightly with cooking spray and press crust into the bottom of the pan.
- To a large bowl, add the pumpkin, sugars, eggs, salt, and spice. Whisk until smooth. Stir in the milk.
- Pour filling over crust and bake for 1 hour or until set in the center. Remove pan from the oven and cool completely. Cut into squares and serve with whipped cream.