Chicken drumsticks, however many you want to serve
thin sliced, cut-in-half bacon strips, same as the number of drumsticks
potatoes, any kind, scrubbed, peeled if desired, cut into chunks
fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Season the drumsticks with salt and pepper all over. Wrap a half piece of bacon around each drumstick.
- Place the potatoes in a shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with a little olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Nestle the bacon-wrapped drumsticks, bacon side up, among the potatoes. Don't overcrowd the pan. Leave a little breathing room so everything can brown up nicely.
- Roast in oven about 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and browned and chicken is cooked through. Turn the potatoes (but not the chicken) about half way through cooking time.