1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cool water
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika
Salt, to taste
1/2 cup hot sauce of your choice
1 tablespoon butter or vegan butter, melted
2 teaspoons lemon juice
Ranch or blue cheese dressing, for serving
- Heat oven to 450°F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, water, garlic and onion powders, paprika, and salt in a bowl until smooth. Add the cauliflower florets to batter and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread cauliflower on the baking sheet in a single layer. Season with more salt. Bake until lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes, flipping the florets halfway through baking time.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the hot sauce, melted butter and lemon juice. Brush the buffalo sauce mixture on the florets.
- Return pan to oven and bake until florets are lightly browned, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with ranch or blue cheese dressing.