1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
2 heaping tablespoons nutritional yeast
2 heaping tablespoons almond flour
salt and pepper
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon capers
2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 425°F. Wash and dry the asparagus spears. Beat the egg in a small bowl and pour into a pie plate or pan big enough to hold the asparagus. Drop in the asparagus and coat the spears with the egg using your hand.
- Blend the nutritional yeast, almond flour, and a generous sprinkling of salt in another pan or pie plate.
- Dredge the spears in the almond flour mix until well coated. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Keep them separated so they brown up better. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Give them a sprinkle of fresh cracked pepper.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy immediately with dipping sauce.
- To make sauce: chop the capers finely and mix with the mayo and lemon juice.