1 lb spaghetti
2 lbs button mushrooms, sliced
1 leek, washed well, chopped
1 red pepper, diced small
1 tablespoon butter or vegan butter
½ cup flour or potato starch
1 stick butter or vegan butter
1 tablespoon sea salt or to taste
½ teaspoon black pepper
5 cups vegetable stock
1 ½ cups coconut milk
½ cup parmesan cheese or vegan parmesan cheese
4 oz mozzarella cheese or vegan mozzaralla cheese
½ cup bread crumbs or gluten free bread crumbs
- Cook spaghetti until just barely al dente. Rinse in cold water and set aside.
- Melt butter in a heavy bottom saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir. Cook for 1 minute. Whisk in stock, coconut milk, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese. Cook for 2-3 minutes, whisking constantly. Remove from heat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat in a large skillet and add mushrooms, leeks, and red pepper. Saute about 10 minutes until mushrooms are cooked and pepper is soft. Drain.
- Combine pasta, sauce, and vegetables in a large bowl or in spaghetti pot.
- Spread mixture into a greased, large, deep baking dish. Mix bread crumbs and mozzarella in small bowl and sprinkle over pasta. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15 more minutes.