Thanksgiving get-togethers don’t need to be fancy or stressful. Whether it’s just the two of you or your entire big family, there are plenty of simple but delicious options for a festive meal. Plus, your co-op can help you with organic ingredients, or heat-and-eat holiday meals, side dishes, and baked goodies. Here are a few ideas to get you started!
- A selection of roasted nuts from our bulk section: pistachios, peanuts, tamari almonds, etc.
- Artisanal cheese tray of local cheeses with flatbread crackers
- Crispy raw vegetables and a selection of dips, such as our spinach artichoke dip, smoked gouda dip, and famous hummus
- Baked brie wheel with preserves on top, served with crackers. Here is a recipe for cranberry brie.
- Gourmet olives from our olive bar
Food, Delicious Food, and More Food!
- Cranberry sauce is very easy to make, even a week ahead of time. Here is the easiest recipe from our collection. Or purchase our homemade cranberry relish.
- Vegetables always taste fabulous basted with good quality butter and sprinkled with sea salt, so go ahead and just steam those veggies, including Brussels sprouts, green beans, carrots, zucchini, etc.
- Sweet potato casserole is a Thanksgiving tradition, but you really can’t go wrong with piping hot plain, roasted sweet potatoes, just out of the oven. Easy peasy. But if you really want to make something a tad fancier, we offer this recipe for Butter Pecan Sweet Potatoes.
- Turkey is often the star of the Thanksgiving meal, but if roasting a whole turkey feels overwhelming, you can roast turkey breasts instead. We will have fresh local turkey breasts from Duerksen.
- Vegan Thanksgiving entrees will be available in our freezer case. We will have Veggie and Ham-style Tofurky, Field Roast roasts, and Gardein Savory Stuffed Turk’y.
- Mashed potatoes, stuffing, and gravy…you can purchase these at Oryana! Made in-house by our own talented kitchen staff.
- We’ll also have other heat-and-eat side dishes…
- Fruit crisp is so much easier to make than pie. Here is a great fruit crisp recipe.
- Chocolate truffles are easy too and you can make them ahead.
- We will have our usual selection of made-from-scratch pies and cake rolls including, of course, pumpkin, apple, and pecan. Also check out the freezer section for more pies.