Adapted from Rawtarian
1 cup dates
1/4 cup raw cacao (cocoa) powder
1/4 cup cold-pressed coconut oil
3/4 cup water (or a tiny bit more if needed – try to keep at 3/4 cup or so though)
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender. If possible, let them sit in there for a few minutes to soften the dates a little bit.
- Blend all ingredients. The ingredients can be a little finicky to blend, so start at a slow speed and increase speed slowly.
- Keep blending for a very long time to get a velvety consistency. If you feel that the blades are just spinning but aren’t actually moving all of the icing around, turn the blender off and make an air pocket down the side of the blender with a spatula to expose the blades. Remove the spatula, replace the lid, and start blending slowly again.
- You’ll know it’s ready if there are no bits of dates and all you can taste is velvety chocolate goodness.
- This raw chocolate icing is ready to use as soon as you pour it out of the blender.