Adapted from Joy the Baker
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup cane sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 cup crushed raspberries
1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Heat oven to 325°F degrees. Spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter, sugar and almond extract until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the flour and sour cream. Fold in the raspberries and almond slivers.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 20 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack, turn right side up and cool completely.