2 cups all-purpose flour
1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons cane sugar
1/2 cup ice cold water
1 tablespoon corn starch
1/2 cup cane sugar
big pinch cinnamon
pinch sea salt
juice and zest from 1/2 a lemon
15 oz. blueberries, fresh or frozen
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, and sugar. Cut and smash the butter into the flour mixture until well blended using a pastry cutter or fork. Gradually add the ice water, stirring as you go, until the dough holds together. Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface. Form into a log about 6 inches long, then divide into six segments. Place segments on a plate and place in refrigerator while you make the filling.
- Heat oven to 400°F with a rack in the middle. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In the same bowl, mix the corn starch, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and lemon zest until combined. Add the blueberries and toss to coat evenly.
- One at a time, roll out the dough segments to a circle about 7-8 inches on a floured surface. Pile some blueberries in the middle. Fold the crust edge up, overlapping as you go. Place the galette on prepared pan. Repeat with remaining dough segments. Brush the crusts with a little beaten egg, if desired.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the crust is nice and golden. Let cool before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream.