2 large egg whites
Pinch sea salt
1/2 cup cane sugar
2 cups ground hazelnuts
whole hazelnuts for decoration
- Heat oven to 275°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whip the egg whites and salt until stiff. Add the sugar gradually, continuing to mix until shiny.
- Fold in the ground hazelnuts until incorporated.
- Scoop walnut-sized balls onto the prepared sheets and press a hazelnut into the middle of each.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then turn off the oven and block open the door slightly. Leave cookies in the oven for 30 minutes. Separate the cookies from the paper with a metal spatula and allow to cool completely.