2 pounds small yellow or red new potatoes
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
Freshly ground black pepper
1 small shallot, minced
2 tablespoons chives, chopped
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)*
- Cook the potatoes in salted boiling water until just tender but not mushy. Drain the potatoes.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each one in half lengthwise and transfer to a large bowl. Or if the potatoes are on the larger side, cut into ½-inch coins. Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt.
- Combine remaining olive oil, parsley, shallots, chives, mustard, and vinegar in a large bowl.
- Heat a grill to medium. Clean and oil the grilling grate.
- Place potatoes cut-side-down and cook, turning occasionally, until well-browned and grill marked on both sides, 5 to 8 minutes total. Transfer grilled potatoes to the bowl with the olive oil and herb mixture as they finish cooking.
- Toss potatoes with the dressing and pumpkin seeds. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
*To toast pepitas: heat a small heavy skillet over medium heat. Add in the pepitas and stir for about 4-5 minutes until they become fragrant and start to brown a little. Pour into a bowl to stop the cooking or add directly to your salad.