Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from minimalistbaker.com
1 medium ripe banana
1/3 cup roasted almond butter
1 tablespoon coconut oil or non-dairy butter, melted
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch sea salt
1/3 cup almond meal
3/4 cup oat flour (ground from GF rolled oats)
1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mash the banana in a bowl. Beat in the egg. Add almond butter, melted coconut oil, brown sugar, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix to combine.
- Add almond meal and oat flour and mix again with a wooden spoon. Add chocolate chips and stir again. If batter appears very wet, add 1 tablespoon additional oat flour. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes to harden.
- Drop cookies in uniform 1 ½ tablespoon spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. They won’t expand much so spacing isn’t a concern.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the cookies are slightly golden brown.
- Let rest on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. After completely cooled, store in an air-tight container at room temperature (or in the refrigerator) up to 3-4 days, or in the freezer up to 1 month. Makes about 1 dozen cookies.