Chocolate Peanut Butter Crispy Rice Bars
This is a nice treat to make when you don’t feel like turning the oven on.
6 cups organic plain crispy rice cereal
1 10 oz. bag Dandies All Natural marshmallows
1/2 cup salted peanut butter
1-2 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
1 bag Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- Spray an 8 x 8 square baking pan with cooking spray. Place the crispy rice in a large bowl.
- Heat the chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon coconut oil over low heat in a small saucepan until chocolate is melted and smooth. Or melt in a microwave oven.
- Place the marshmallows, peanut butter, 2 tablespoons coconut oil, and 1 tablespoon water in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the marshmallows are fully melted. If it all sticks together in one blob, stir in 1 more tablespoon water and stir until creamy.
- Pour the marshmallow goop over the crispy rice and stir to mix until rice is evenly coated.
- Pat half the coated rice into the prepared pan. Spoon half the chocolate over the rice. Add the rest of the rice evenly over the chocolate and press down firmly. Drizzle the remaining chocolate over the top. Chill until firm. Slice and serve.