2 cups milk of your choice, dairy or vegan
1 1/2 cups water
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons maple syrup + more for drizzling
pinch sea salt
2 cups rolled oats
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup toasted, chopped hazelnuts
2-3 bananas, sliced thick, about 1/2 inch
1/3 cup cane sugar
- Bring milk, maple syrup, vanilla and pinch of salt to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir the oats and cocoa powder together in a small bowl and add to the milk. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes or until cooked to desired consistency.
- While oats are cooking, pour sugar into a bowl, add the banana slices, and toss to coat.
- Spray a cast iron pan with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat. Add bananas and cook until golden brown underneath, about 3-4 minutes.
- Gently flip bananas over and reduce heat to medium. Cook until browned and transfer to a plate covered with parchment paper or wax paper. Serve atop oatmeal with the chopped hazelnuts and drizzle a little more maple syrup over.