4 1/2 cups unbleached flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
2 cups non-dairy milk
1 1/2 lbs carrots, shredded
1 cup raisins
1 3/4 cups canola oil
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup crushed pineapple
1 cups walnuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a half sheet pan (13″ x 18″) with cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In another large bowl, stir together the sugar and oil. Add the carrots, soy milk, vanilla, raisins, pineapple and walnuts and beat well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the sugar/oil mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 35 – 40 minutes, rotating pan half way through baking. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let cool and frost with vegan frosting.
1 cup non-hydrogenated shortening
1 cup non-hydrogenated buttery spread
7 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup plain soy milk or soy creamer
- Beat the shortening and margarine together until well combined and fluffy. Add the sugar and beat for about 3 more minutes.
- Add the vanilla and soy milk, and beat for another 5 to 7 minutes until fluffy.