Breakfast Fruit Nut Bread
½ cup chopped dates
½ cup chopped crystallized ginger
½ cup chopped dried pineapple
1 cup golden raisins
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup chopped walnuts
½ cup chopped hazelnuts
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
1 cup cane sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Generously coat a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the chopped fruit and nuts with 1 teaspoon flour and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla, then the sour cream. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and add to egg mixture. Add the chopped fruits and nuts and mix well to distribute the fruit and nuts evenly.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake at 325°F for 2 hours or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. For the last 30 minutes, you can tent a piece of foil over the bread to avoid over browning.
- Let cool at least 30 minutes. Invert the pan over a cooling rack so the bread pops out. Turn it right side up and allow to cool completely.