6 asparagus stalks, trimmed, cut into small pieces
1/4 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 corn tortillas, torn into small pieces
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, finely chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional toppings: salsa, chopped cilantro
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat, and fry tortilla pieces for about 3 minutes until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Lower heat to medium and add onions, asparagus, and jalapeno to the pan, and saute for 5 minutes until veggies are softened.
- Reduce heat to low and add egg mixture and tortilla strips to the skillet. Scramble gently.
- Sprinkle cheese over the eggs and continue to cook, gently stirring, until cheese melts and egg is just cooked. Serve topped with salsa and cilantro if desired.