1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup almond butter
6 pitted dates, soaked in warm water for 15 minutes
3/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons dried cherries
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
3 tablespoons currants
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the coconut flour, almond butter, and dates in a food processor. Process until well combined and the dates have broken up into really small pieces, about a minute.
- Add the shredded coconut, applesauce, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and baking soda and process for 30 seconds until a wet dough forms.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, and pulse once or twice until the fruit is incorporated into the dough but not chopped up.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or teaspoon, drop the dough in heaping spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Dip your fingers in water and lightly press down each ball of dough, shaping them a little. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until they are golden on top and slightly brown along the edges. Serve immediately or store in the freezer, thawing for 15 to 20 minutes before you plan to serve them.