4 boneless chicken thighs (Nature's Acres)
2 tablespoons flour
sea salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup Shetler's heavy cream
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1/4 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
sea salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon chopped fresh local tarragon
4 cups local broccoli florets
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a cast iron skillet. Cook the thighs about 4 minutes until browned. Flip and cook on other side until browned. Remove from pan.
- Add wine to pan and scrape to remove any browned bits. Add the chicken broth. Stir in the cream, mustard, and turmeric if using, and cook a few minutes. Return the chicken to the pan and continue cooking, allowing the sauce to thicken and thighs to cook through, about 4 more minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, steam the broccoli.
- Add the tarragon to the chicken and stir, coating the thighs with the sauce. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve thighs and broccoli drizzled with sauce.