3 large russet potatoes
5 slices bacon, cooked, chopped*
1 8-oz container sour cream
4 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
3 green onions, chopped
Salt and pepper
- Bake the potatoes until tender. Let cool. Cut into medium size cubes.
- Spray a 8 x 8 baking pan with cooking spray. Layer half the potatoes in the pan. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with half the bacon and half the green onions.
- Dollop half the sour cream in small dollops over the potatoes. Sprinkle with half the grated cheese.
- Repeat with the remaining potatoes, salt and pepper, followed by the bacon. Add the cubed butter, dollops of sour cream, and remaining cheese. Finish with remaining green onions.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is lightly browned. Serve immediately.
*Always save bacon fat for future cooking uses, like frying eggs or potatoes or sauteing veggies.