2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 cup cane sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
jam of your choice
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer using the paddle attachment for about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together in a small bowl. Add to the mixing bowl mix until just combined and a nice dough forms.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls. Place the balls on the parchment-lined cookie sheets spaced a few inches apart.
- Press down on each ball of dough with your thumb to make a small dent in the center. Fill with 1/2 teaspoon of jam.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.