1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour + 1 teaspoon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, softened
4 oz ricotta cheese
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
fine zest from 1 lemon
1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 pans with parchment paper.
- Whisk together 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, salt and baking powder in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter with sugar until fluffy. Add the ricotta cheese, egg, vanilla, and lemon zest and mix well. Gradually add flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Sprinkle strawberries with the teaspoon flour and toss until coated. Add to batter and stir gently.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of batter onto prepared pans leaving an inch space between.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes, until the edges begin to brown.
- Let them cool a few minutes in the pan than transfer them to a wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 12 cookies.