Your ghosts and goblins will gobble up these creepy Halloween finger cookies!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 cup cane sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup sliced almonds
Optional: 1/2 cup raspberry jam or other red jam
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in the flour mixture until a dough forms.
- Using about 1 heaping teaspoon of dough at a time, roll the dough into 5-inch-long fingers about 1/2-inch thick. Press a sliced almond into the end of each finger to make fingernails. Make several horizontal cuts in the center of each finger to make knuckles. Press the dough on either side of the cuts to shape the knuckles.
- Arrange the fingers on the prepared pans and bake until light golden, about 18 minutes. Transfer the fingers to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Dip the severed ends in the jam, if desired, and arrange fingers on a plate. If the jam is too thick, heat it lightly in a small saucepan. Makes about 36 fingers.