Spider Deviled Eggs
Everyone will enjoy this creepy snack for Halloween!
1 cup blueberries
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
Pitted black olives
- Place eggs and blueberries in a small pot. Cover eggs with water, cover the pot, and bring to boil. Boil eggs for 5 minutes, then turn off heat. Let eggs sit in the blueberry water for 10 more minutes.
- Remove eggs and place under cold running water for a minute or so to cool them off. Then press a spoon into the shells of the eggs so the entire shell is cracked.
- Place cracked eggs back into the blueberry water and cool to room temperature. Place the pot in the refrigerator overnight.
- Peel the eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the yolks and place in a small bowl. Arrange the whites on a serving plate. Mash the yolks with a fork, and mix in the mayo, mustard, salt and pepper, until smooth. Spoon yolks back into whites.
- Cut the olives in half and cut some of the halves into thin pieces for the spider legs. Place a half olive in the middle of each egg and arrange 8 spider legs around each olive.