1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup cane sugar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 heaping cup rhubarb, chopped into small dice
grated rind of 1 lemon
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin with butter.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat egg until frothy. Add the sugar, butter, and lemon rind and beat 1 minute. Add sour cream and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the dry mix and rhubarb and mix until just combined. Don’t overmix.
- Fill muffin cups and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and a cake tester inserted in center of muffins comes out clean.