5 cups day-old challah or brioche bread cut into 1-inch cubes
2 cups raspberries
2 cups half and half
1/3 cup cane sugar
¼ teaspoon sea salt
6 oz white chocolate, finely chopped
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Spray a 8 x 8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until frothy. Whisk in the sugar and salt. Whisk in half and half and vanilla.
- Toss the bread and raspberries together in a bowl and spread in the prepared pan. Sprinkle the chopped white chocolate over the bread. Shake the pan just a bit to encourage some of the chocolate to sink down.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread evenly. Press down gently with a spoon or spatula to make sure all bread cubes are soaked.
- Turn on the oven to 350°F. Let the liquid soak into the bread as the oven heats. Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the center is set. It’s ok if it looks a little wet in the center. Let cool about 10 minutes before serving.