1 1/2 lbs ripe peaches, peeled*, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 heaping tablespoon all-purpose flour
pinch sea salt
5 phyllo pastry sheets
1 stick butter, melted
confectioners’ sugar for sprinkling
- Toss the peaches with the lemon juice in a bowl. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Stir into the peaches.
- Place a sheet of phyllo dough on a clean countertop, the long edge toward you. Keep the pile of dough sheets covered with a damp dish towel to keep it from drying out. Brush the sheet of phyllo evenly with melted butter. Add another layer of dough and brush with the butter. Repeat with 3 more pieces of dough.
- Spoon the peach mixture close to the edge of the pastry, parallel with the long side, leave a roughly 2-inch border on each side.
- Fold the dough over the filling and roll it away from you, tucking in the edges of the dough as you roll. End with the seam side down. Brush the top and sides with butter.
- Place the strudel on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool before cutting. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.