Garlic Pasta with Broccoli & Parmesan
3/4 lb pasta of your choice
1 lb. broccoli florets
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
6 large garlic cloves, chopped fine
Salt and black pepper, to taste
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup toasted, chopped walnuts
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1 teaspoon sea salt.
- Add the pasta of your choice to the boiling water. Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Depending on what kind of pasta you use, about 5 minutes before the cooking time is up, add the broccoli florets. Return to a boil. About 3 minutes later, add the zucchini. When pasta and broccoli are al dente, remove from heat and drain well.
- While the pasta and broccoli are cooking, add the oil and chopped garlic into a small skillet. Place skillet over medium heat. When the garlic starts to sizzle, cook for about 30 seconds to a minute (be careful not to burn it) and then remove from heat and set aside.
- Pour the drained pasta and broccoli back into the cooking pot and pour the garlic oil over the top. Toss to coat everything well.
- To serve, sprinkle pasta with lots of Parmesan and the toasted walnuts. Serves 4.