for the crust:
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
4-6 tablespoons ice water
for the filling:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium leek, white and green parts only, washed well, sliced
1 8 oz. package cremini mushrooms, cleaned, quartered
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 medium zucchini, diced
½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 teaspoon dried thyme
salt and pepper
1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon cold butter, diced small
- In a food processor, pulse the flour, cornmeal, and salt. Add the cold butter, and pulse until crumbly. Add the water and pulse until combined. Slowly drizzle in the cold water and pulse until the mixture comes together. Add enough water so that the dough comes together and is not crumbly, but not sticky or wet. You may need to use more or less cold water.
- Dump the dough onto the counter and shape into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or more.
- Heat the oven to 375ºF. Place 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks and mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until mushrooms are cooked and leeks are soft, about 15 minutes. Add to a large bowl. Add the corn, zucchini, tomatoes, and thyme, and toss it all together. Season with salt and pepper and toss again. Add the cheese and toss once more.
- Remove the dough from the fridge. Place the dough onto a piece of parchment paper. Lightly flour the surface of the paper and the dough. Roll out the dough into a 12-inch circle. Mound the filling in the middle of the circle, leaving at least a 2 inch border of dough around the edges. Flatten the pile slightly with your hand. Fold up the sides of the dough and overlap the dough as you go around and pleat the dough together. Dot the filling with the cold butter. Lift the parchment paper and galette and place onto a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake the galette for 1 hour or until the crust is golden brown. Let cool about 15 minutes before cutting. Can also be served at room temperature.