Recipe by Ali Lopez
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups non-dairy (or dairy if you prefer) milk
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil or neutral oil
2 tablespoons maple syrup
oil or vegan butter or butter for the pan
Toppings: more chia seeds, peanut butter, fresh berries, sliced bananas
- In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry and stir until just combined. Don’t overmix! A few small lumps are okay.
- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium heat and lightly grease with oil or butter. Make sure the pan is hot.
- Pour out batter for the size pancakes you want. Cook until little bubbles form on the uncooked side of the pancake and then flip. Cook another minute or so.
- Serve with your choice of toppings. Makes about 10 5-inch pancakes.