3 large ripe bananas
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
3/4 cup cane sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon coconut extract
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Heat oven to 350°F and spray a 5 x 9 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Place bananas in the bowl of an upright mixer. Using the paddle attachment, mash the bananas. Or mash in a large bowl with a fork.
- Beat in the eggs, melted coconut oil, sugar, extracts, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and powder, and cocoa powder. Sift cocoa powder through a sieve if it’s lumpy. Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and mix just until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for about 15 minutes and then pop it out of the pan. Let cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.