Reprinted by permission from strongertogether.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at www.strongertogether.coop.
3/4 cup unbleached flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup mashed avocado (1 large or 2 small)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup canola oil or 1 stick melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda, crushing any lumps of cocoa with the back of your spoon.
- In a food processor, puree the avocado until completely smooth. Add the white and brown sugars and process, then add the eggs, oil or butter and vanilla and process until smooth. Scrape the avocado mixture into the flour mixture and stir to combine. Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the top looks dry and a toothpick inserted in the middle of the pan comes out with big wet crumbs attached-not dry. Don’t overbake, if you like a gooey brownie, take it out while a little gooey in the middle and chill to make it easier to cut.
- Cut into 16 squares and serve.