1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons tamari
1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 bag baby carrots
2 tubes Immaculate Baking Co. organic crescent rolls
1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- Whisk together all marinade ingredients. Boil or steam the baby carrots until just tender, but not mushy. Add the carrots and marinade to a quart size plastic ziplock bag. Turn the bag a few times to distribute the marinade. Let sit in refrigerator for about 8 hours or overnight. Turn the bag over a few times if you can during the marination.
- Dump the carrots in a colander and give them a quick rinse. Spread out on a paper towel lined plate to dry them off a little.
- Open the crescent roll tubes and separate the dough pieces. Cut each triangle in half. If some of the pieces are bigger you can cut them into thirds and use those for the smaller carrots.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Arrange the drained carrots on the dough pieces and fold the dough over so the “head” is exposed and the “body” is swaddled in dough. Pinch the bottom of the dough to seal. Press two mustard seeds into the carrots for eyes.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until golden. Serve with mustard of your choice.