Reprinted with permission from strongertogether.coop
When glorious tangerines are in season, buy some and make these bars. The creamy ricotta filling is laced with fragrant tangerine zest and tangy juice for a lively winter dessert.
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons tangerine zest
- 1/2 cup tangerine juice
- Heat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Place graham cracker crumbs in a bowl and stir in the cinnamon, brown sugar, melted butter and honey. Firmly press the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes; the crust will look dry.
- While the crust bakes, place the ricotta, yogurt, eggs, sugar, tangerine zest and juice into the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Pour into the crust and smooth the top. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until the filling is set and jiggles only slightly in the center when gently shaken. Cool on a rack. For neat slices, refrigerate until cold. Cut into 16 squares.