1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon salt
1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, cold and cubed
1 tablespoon cold water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×8 baking pan (or 7×11) and line with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine all crust ingredients and pulse just until a crumbly mixture forms (about 20-30 quick pulses). The mixture should look sandy and dry, but it should hold together when pressed.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and press into an even layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until crust is a light golden brown color around the edges.
- While crust is still warm, pour over raspberry curd and bake for 30 minutes. The mixture will still be quite wobbly after baking, but it will firm up after refrigerating.
- Refrigerate bars overnight. Slice bars and serve cold. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
*For an extra summery treat, we recommend freezing the bars after slicing and serving them frozen. The texture of the raspberry curd becomes similar to sorbet. Delicious!