Pumpkin Pie Bars
Adapted from celebratingsweets.com
6 tablespoons salted butter, softened
1/3 cup cane sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons cold water
3/4 cup cane sugar
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 15-oz can pumpkin puree
1 cup half and half
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 9 pan with cooking spray.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until combined. Add flour, salt and water and beat until combined.
- Dump the mixture into the prepared pan and press it evenly into the bottom of the pan. Bake crust for 12 minutes.
- Whisk the sugar, spices and salt together. Add the pumpkin, eggs, half-and-half, and vanilla and whisk until combined and smooth. Pour the filling over the crust and return to the oven.
- Bake about 55 minutes or until the center is set. Let cool on a wire rack to room temperature, then transfer to the refrigerator. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.