4 ½ lbs pork rib chops
1 ½ cups bread, cut in ½” cubes
¼ cup onion, minced
½ cup apple juice or cider
½ cup chicken stock
1 large egg
1 gala apple, chopped small
1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
1 teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon celery seed, crushed
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Bring chicken stock and onion to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Whisk together apple juice, egg, sage, celery seed, salt and pepper. Stir in chicken stock and onions. Add bread cubes and mix well.
- Remove bone and most of the fat from the rib chops. Pound very thin using a meat mallet. (Minimize the mess by sealing the chops in a ziptop bag. or placing between sheets of plastic wrap.)
- Place ½ to ¾ cup of stuffing on the chop and roll up, securing with toothpicks or butcher’s twine.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the rolls, about 1 minute per side.
- Place in a casserole dish, cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. While the roulades are baking, make the apple mustard glaze.
- Remove pan from oven. Spoon glaze over the chops and place back in oven, uncovered for another 10 minutes.
Apple Mustard Glaze
1½ cups apple juice or cider
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon coconut aminos or tamari
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
3 tablespoons stone ground mustard
2 teaspoons tapioca starch or cornstarch
Whisk together ingredients in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently until the liquid has reduced by half, about 10 minutes.