Matcha Pistachio Cookies
Matcha is a powder made from finely ground green tea leaves. It has a lightly bitter taste and vibrant green color, making it a perfect healthy ingredient in these crunchy, tasty cookies. Makes about 18 cookies.
1 cup all-purpose flour
big pinch salt
4 teaspoons matcha powder
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg yolk
1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- Whisk the flour, salt, and matcha powder together in a bowl.
- Cream the butter and powdered sugar together in the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment. Add the egg yolk and vanilla and mix until combined. Scrape down the bowl and mix again briefly.
- Add the dry mix and beat slowly to combine. Scrape down the bowl. Add the pistachios and mix.
- Turn the dough onto a piece of plastic wrap or waxed paper and shape and roll tightly into a log about 10 inches long. Cover the log completely with the plastic or wax wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 325°F. Unwrap the log and cut into slices about 1/4 inch or slightly thicker. Place on parchment or silicone lined pan (you don’t have to space them very far apart) and bake for 15 minutes, or until slightly browned on the edges. Let cool before enjoying.