Lemon tip: always zest the lemon before juicing it. This recipe makes about 20 cookies.
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Zest from 1 lemon
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup cane sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a medium bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In large bowl cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in the egg, vanilla, lemon zest and juice. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Drop cookie dough by tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned. Let cool on the cookie sheet a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze: mix the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest together until smooth. Add a few additional drops of lemon juice or water if the glaze is too thick. Drizzle over the top of the cookies. Let cookies sit undisturbed until the glaze dries.