2 sticks organic butter, softened
1 cup organic cane sugar
2 organic eggs
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
Zest of one lemon
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
3 cups organic white spelt flour
1 pint blueberries
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Beat butter and sugar together. Add eggs, vanilla, lemon zest and juice and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt, soda and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients into the egg/butter mixture. Carefully fold in the blueberries.
- Chill dough for about 1 hour.
- Place rounded teaspoons full of dough on prepared cookie sheets one inch apart. Bake for 13 – 15 minutes until slightly browned on the bottom. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Remove from baking sheets and cool completely on wire racks.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.