Homemade Energy Bites
No bake energy bites are easy to make and full of healthy goodness. Instead of buying protein bars or snack bars, make your own nutritious, snackable balls for your kids, little and big alike, for a flavor-packed bite of nourishment to tide them over through the afternoon.
Matcha Energy Nuggets
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup pitted dates
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 tablespoons almond flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
pinch sea salt
2 teaspoons matcha
Grind the cashews in the bowl of a food processor until finely ground. Add the dates and coconut oil and pulse to combine. Add the salt, vanilla, and matcha and pulse until all the matcha is incorporated. Roll into small balls and chill. Makes about 8 balls
Energy Power Balls
1 cup nut or seed butter such as peanut, almond, sunflower, cashew, etc.
1 cup rolled oats*
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1/4 cup hemp seed
1/8 – 1/4 cup honey, or to taste
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup dried fruit and/or chocolate chips
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Form into balls, place on large plate, and refrigerate or freeze until no longer sticky, about one hour. Place in a covered container to store. Keeps 2 weeks in the refrigerator or freeze for longer storage and a frozen treat.
*Use gluten free oats or eliminate oats and add more nuts and seeds for a gluten free snack.
Coconut Almond Snack Balls
1 cup packed pitted dates
1 cup raw walnuts
1 cup almond flour
½ cup coconut flour
pinch sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon coconut extract
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Pulse the dates in a food processor until finely chopped. Scrape chopped dates into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add the walnuts, almond flour, coconut flour, and sea salt to the bowl. Pulse until mixture resembles a fine meal. Add the chopped dates, vanilla and coconut extracts and coconut oil and pulse until combined.
- Dump the mixture into the mixing bowl. Scoop out heaping tablespoons and roll compactly into balls about the size of walnuts. Place balls on a parchment or wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Melt the chocolate chips over low heat on the stove or in a glass bowl in the microwave. Drizzle chocolate over the balls or dip balls into chocolate. Chill until the chocolate hardens.
- Enjoy right away or keep chilled.