Duke of Earl Grey Tea Cookies
Created for Light of Day Tea®, 2018
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
¾ cup sugar
2 teaspoons Light of Day® Creamy Earl Grey Tea
¼ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
1 cup almond flour
1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup roasted almonds, chopped well
- Grind the tea with 1 teaspoon sugar. (If you don’t have a spice grinder, you can use a clean coffee grinder or omit the sugar and chop finely with a knife.)
- Cream butter and sugar together in a stand mixer or large bowl. Stir in almond extract and milled tea. Add salt, almond flour, and all-purpose flour and mix until a soft dough forms. Add the chopped almonds.
- Divide dough in half and place each half onto a sheet of wax or parchment paper.
- Shape dough into two logs about 1 ½ to 2 inches in diameter. Roll the logs in the paper and place in freezer for at least 30-40 minutes. (Dough can be double wrapped and kept in freezer for 3-5 days.)
- When ready to bake, heat oven to 350° F. Working with one log at a time, slice into ½ inch rounds and place on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling racks. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.