3/4 cup salted butter (1 ½ sticks)
1 cup cane sugar
2 teaspoons cardamom
2 cups unbleached flour
1/2 cup ground almonds
¼ cup milk
1 cup powdered sugar
Whole almonds for garnish
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 2 cookie pans with cooking spray.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Mix the flour, ground almonds, and cardamom together in a bowl and stir into the butter mixture. Add the milk and stir until dough holds together.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls. Flatten balls to about ½ inch and dip one side in powdered sugar. Place cookies powdered side up on prepared pan.
- Press an almond into the top of each cookie. Bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown.