Cranberry Almond Pound Cake
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup cane sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
4 eggs at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed, dried
1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- Cream the butter, sugars, and salt together in the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each egg and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the extracts.
- With mixer on low, gradually add the flour, beating just until combined.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and scatter the almonds on top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let cool in pan 15 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack, and turn upright to cool completely.